Registration will open in January 2021
Registration is $8/student (teachers and supervisors are free of charge).
All busing will be organized by the Festival Coordinator however schools will be invoiced for their busing costs.
Teacher Orientation Sessions
Teachers who have not attended the Festival in the past will be expected to attend a 45 minute Teacher Orientation Session prior to the Festival.
The Children's Water Festival will feature over 45 activity stations based around 5 themes: water conservation, water protection, water attitude, water science and water technology.
Teacher Scheduler/Curriculum Links/Teacher Guide coming soon!
• Are connected to the grade 2, 3, 4 or 5 curriculum in ways that help students to achieve the desired expectation (Science & Technology, Social Studies, Physical Education);
• Are designed to be as hands-on and experiential as possible in order to enhance and personalize the learning;
• Provide for holistic learning in an environment that demonstrates the integration of people, phenomena and ideas;
• Are geared to the interests, abilities and special needs of learners; and,
• Reflect the beliefs that guide education – accountability, quality, equity, partnerships and a safe environment.
The Festival is outdoors, with some activity stations under tents, and will be held ‘rain or shine’.
Students will move around the site in small groups of 6 students with a teacher or supervisor, visiting whichever stations they choose. Each group will typically visit 10 – 12 activity stations during their daily visit. The capacity of the Festival is set at 800 students per day. Students are encouraged to bring a litterless lunch. Please note that all activity stations will end at 1:30 pm and all buses will leave the festival by 1:45pm.