Registration is $8/student (teachers and supervisors are free of charge).
Registration will take place in April for the Festival.
Field Trip Forms
Field trip forms will be provided to you by email by the Water Festival Coordinator in May.
Funding is being pursued to cover the cost of buses to the Festival. Bus confirmations will be sent out after Registration is completed. If you have any questions, please contact the Festival Coordinator.
Please do not contact the bus companies.
Teacher Orientation Sessions
Teachers are encouraged to attend the Teacher Orientation Session to better prepare for the Water Festival. This session is 45 minutes in length and will take place on April 30, 2020 at 4:30 pm in Stratford. Check back here for more details soon!
Please contact the Water Festival Coordinator to register for a Teacher Orientation Session.
The Children's Water Festival will feature ~35 activity stations based around 5 themes: water conservation, water protection, water attitude, water science and water technology.
Here is your 2019 Teachers Planning Guide, Teacher Scheduler, and Curriculum Links to help plan your field trip. Check back here closer to the event for the 2020 documents!
• Are connected to the grade 2, 3, 4 or 5 curriculum in ways that help students to achieve the desired expectation (Science & Technology, Social Studies, Physical Education);
• Are designed to be as hands-on and experiential as possible in order to enhance and personalize the learning;
• Provide for holistic learning in an environment that demonstrates the integration of people, phenomena and ideas;
• Are geared to the interests, abilities and special needs of learners; and,
• Reflect the beliefs that guide education – accountability, quality, equity, partnerships and a safe environment.
The Festival is outdoors, with some activity stations under tents, and will be held ‘rain or shine’.
Students will move around the site in small groups of 6 students with a teacher or supervisor, visiting whichever stations they choose. Each group will typically visit 10 – 12 activity stations during their daily visit. The capacity of the Festival is set at 650 students per day. Students are encouraged to bring a litterless lunch. Please note that all activity stations will end at 1:25pm and all buses will leave the festival by 1:45pm.